- 4 Asian pears
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- dash (I do mean dash, do not overdo this) ground cloves
- dash salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 tablespoons butter (cut into chunks)
- Preheat your oven to 190C (or 350F).
- Peel and core the pears.
- Cut into chunks and place into a large baking dish.
- Add vinegar, cinnamon, allspice, ground ginger and ground cloves, salt, and a few tablespoons of the brown sugar (save the rest).
- In a bowl, mix the flour, rolled oats, and butter.
- Mix in the rest of the brown sugar.
- Mix together with pears.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes and increase the temperature to 190C (or 375F) for another ten minutes.
Available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 11/8:
-Asian pears available from North Star Orchard