As published at https://thecookiewriter.com/fresh-apple-whiskey-sour/
- 1/4 cup freshly pureed apples, strained if desired
- 1/3 cup whiskey (bourbon is the common element)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 cup apple-infused simple syrup
- Fill a cocktail shaker (or makeshift one) half way with ice. Pour in whiskey, lemon juice, simple syrup, & pureed apples. Place lid on and shake vigorously for 30-45 seconds.
- Add ice to a small whiskey glass. Strain beverage into cup and serve immediately.
- Garnish with fresh apple if desired.
This recipe yields a “thicker” whiskey sour because of the pureed fruit. Adjust whiskey ratio according to your personal preference! Regular simple syrup works great here
Ingredients available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 9/16:
-Apples available from North Star Orchard
-Whiskey available at Red Brick Distillery