ANCHOVY VINAIGRETTE FOR GRILLED VEGETABLES
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup Spanish olive oil
- Grilled vegetables, for serving (see Cook’s Note)
- Toast the pine nuts by putting them on a sheet pan and roasting them in an oven preheated to 350°F until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Using a mortar and pestle, grind the anchovies, garlic, lemon zest and lemon juice until a paste forms. Add the olive oil at a slow trickle and continue to grind the mixture. Season with salt to taste.
- Liberally drizzle the vinaigrette over grilled vegetables and finish with a handful of toasted pine nuts, sprinkled evenly across the top.
Available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 7/26:
-Vegetables available from North Star Orchards
-Vegetables available from Salvaterra’s Gardens