- 1 lb. casarecce, penne, or any short pasta
- 2/3 c. plus 1 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/3 c. white balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 16 oz. small mozzarella balls or pearls
- 1 c. chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- Red pepper flakes, for garnish (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, and rinse with cold water. Return pasta to pot and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the remaining 2/3 cup oil, vinegar, grated garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until combined. Add tomatoes and mozzarella to dressing and toss to coat. Let marinate while the pasta cools, about 15 minutes.
- Add cooled pasta to tomato mixture and toss to coat. Stir in the basil. Garnish with more basil and red pepper flakes, if you like.
Available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 7/5:
-Pasta available from PlantStation Pasta
-Basil and tomatoes available from Salvaterra’s Gardens