- 10 ounces egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- ½ green cabbage, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic granules
- ½ teaspoon onion granules
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 large sage leaves
- 4 large basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Heat up a large pot of water and cook the egg noodles according to the package directions. When draining, save ½ cup of the pasta water.
- Add the oil to a large frying pan and heat to medium. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes. Now add the mushrooms and cook for 3 more minutes. Then add the cabbage a little bit at a time and as it shrinks down in size, add more. Now add the salt, garlic granules, onion granules, pepper, and butter. Stir to combine and let the butter melt. Then add the frozen peas.
- After draining the noodles put them back into the cooking pot. Add in the mixture from the frying pan along with the reserved pasta water, and stir it all up.
- Transfer the haluski to a 9×13-inch baking dish and bake for 15 minutes covered with foil, then 5 minutes uncovered.
- Slice the fresh herbs and sprinkle on top of the haluski, then serve.
Available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 9/27:
-Onion, basil and cabbage available from Salvaterra’s Gardens